Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday/Pantry Challenge

The first week was a success. I was able to pull some stuff out of the freezer and use it. Mostly vegetables. I have bags and bags of frozen vegetables. I did end up picking up a shift at work and had to have the family make do with leftover freezer junk food from NYD.

Last week I went over my budget of $30 by $6. This week I'm proud to say I was under, $27.27. I was worried too becuase Campbells soup was on sale for $1 and I had a couple of coupons I wanted to use. So I added a little to my pantry. The hardest part shopping is not buying meat on sale. I look at the ads and this week, Albertsons had assorted pork chops $.98/lb. Nice price. Don't go anywhere near there or you'll spend $$.

Here's this week's selection:

Monday - Chicken Kabobs, salad, leftover veggies.

Tuesday - Crockpot Pinto Beans, cornbread.

Wednesday - Chicken and Dumplings

Thursday - Bean and Beef burritos (using leftover pinto beans from Tue.), green rice with cheese.

Friday - Sloppy Joe Meatloaf, veggie and salad.

Saturday - Steak, baked potatoes, veggie.

Sunday - Pizza

Lunch is leftovers, sandwiches, pasta.
Breakfast is potato/sausage/egg burritos, peanut butter baked oatmeal and iat applesauce muffins. Trying 2 new recipes this week.

For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com. To join the pantry challenge go to Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment