Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thirsty Thursday

So I'm currently a bartender by trade. I consider that my part time job. My full time job(s) being a mom, wife and student.

My plan is to introduce people who would not normally be able to figure out something new to serve at a party, new drink recipes. All of the recipes will be able to convert to however you have use for it, i.e. shot or drink.

Today's selection is one I learned last night, a Florida Apple.


Florida Apple (a take on a Washington Apple)

1 1/4 oz orange vodka
3/4 oz Apple Pucker, or other apple schnapps
3 oz cranberry juice

For shot:
Pour ingredients in shaker tin with ice, shake to mix. Strain to glass.

For drink:
Pour first 2 ingredients in high ball ( 4-6 oz glass) over ice. Fill to top with cranberry juice.

This could be made in big batches for parties. Just remember the ratio of 2:1 vodka:apple schnapps and 2:3 ration of booze:juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment